Monday, February 25, 2008

Booo Graco!

We have a Graco SnugRide infant car seat in Park Meadow. We also have the matching stroller to complete our travel system.




WAY back in November Graco recalled the seat pad on the car seat.

I registered the car seat when I first got it, so I knew I should be receiving a notice about it in the mail or through email. My notice arrived around Christmas. It asked me to find my car seat's model number and choose one of the patterns available for that model and a replacement seat pad would be sent. It also mentioned that I could fill out this form online. Wanting to save some time, I logged onto their website to find that my car seat's pattern was not a choice. It was a choice on the form that was mailed to me, so I mailed the form instead.

Weeks and weeks went by. Cole reached the weight limit for the SnugRide, and we switched him to a convertible car seat (Evenflo Trumph DXL - which I love so far!). This weekend, we finally received our replacement seat pad. It is jungle print!

I wrote the following email to customer service today:

I am writing to express my displeasure with the way the SnugRide seat pad recall was handled. Not only did it take several months for my replacement pad to arrive (my son has now outgrown his Graco SnugRide), I also did not receive the pattern that I requested. The pattern that I was sent, was not even an option for the model that I own. One of the reasons I chose a travel system through Graco was the coordinating car seats and strollers. Now my car seat does not match my travel system. When a recall is issued it is the company's responsibility to replace that product in a timely manner. It is unacceptable to send the customer a product that they do not want. I will not be purchasing Graco products for my future children.
Immediately after sending the email, I received an automated response stating that the Graco reserves the right to send you a different pattern and that 6 weeks is the estimated time that it will take the company to send the customer a replacement for a recalled part. I personally find this ridiculous. Baby products are time sensitive. I only used the seat for 8 months and I spent a a third of that time waiting for the forms and then waiting for the replacement seat pad!

No comments: