Thursday, February 7, 2008

Baby on the Move!

When Cole was tiny my husband and I would say things like "I can't wait for him to _____" (insert milestone here ie: shake his rattle, say mama and dada, sit up on his own, crawl etc.) It is really amazing to watch your, once incapable of doing anything but pooping and crying, baby achieve these developmental milestones.

Cole has recently become mobile. It started with rolling. I would put him down on the floor to play and he would roll to the other end of the room in a few seconds. He eventually learned to roll himself at the correct angles to get toys (which seems like pretty complicated math to me). He has since graduated to the army crawl. Cole's army crawl is that of an injured solider, who has possibly been shot in the left leg. However, if you watch closely, you will see that the leg is not totally useless. It's quite good at tapping along to music.



Now that Cole can easily move around, I am beginning to regret the fact that I wished for this. While I would never want my child to not be able meet appropriate milestones, it would have been alright with me if he had waited just a few more months. All day long I am removing him from places and taking away items that he cannot have. I'm not sure how many more times I can say "No, no ______ (insert item that is inappropriate for babies here. ie: CD's plastic bags, laptop wires etc.)are not for babies!" (Now you can go write an "I told you so" comment on my babyproofing post)

No comments: