Monday, February 25, 2008

Beware of Meatloaf!

Today as I was pouring Cole's Gerber oatmeal from the box, I noticed this meatloaf recipe on the back. The recipe included the following ingredients:

1 2nd Foods Green Beans
1 2nd Foods Garden Vegetables
1 pound ground chuck
1 cup Gerber Oatmeal cereal
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup ketchup
1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Garlic powder

Upon further investigation, I realized that this recipe is intended for the whole family not just for babies! YUCK! Who in their right mind is eating meatloaf with baby food green beans, garden vegetables and those oatmeal flakes.

Beware of friends with infants trying to serve you meatloaf!

3 comments:

Katie said...

that is so gross!

Buffy said...

It's actually quite good - you don't taste the veg at all. My whole family - inlaws too - really liked it. Give it a try!

Deana said...

It's actually very good. I made it the 1st time according to directions and the 2nd time I changed the ingredients. Instead of ground beef, I used ground turkey. I used 1/2 cup regular oatmeal, rather than baby oatmeal, mixed veggies rather than garden veggies. I also added some onion powder. I put it in a loaf pan rather than shaping it into 6 loaves on a cookie sheet and cooked it for 1 1/2 hours. The meatloaf is very moist and very tasty. This is a favorite of my 13 month old daughter.