Sunday, January 6, 2008

It Begins

My son, Cole, was born May 30, 2007. After 9 long months of pregnancy, (and almost a year of trying to conceive him) we were thrilled to meet him. My labor was pretty quick and pretty easy (aided by a great epidural) and Cole was happy and healthy.

We decided before his birth that I would leave my job as an Elementary School teacher (even though I just finished my MA in teaching on May 25…yea, 5 days before his birth) and stay at home with our baby for at least two years. I couldn’t have been happier about our decision and was looking forward to staying home with our son and watching him grow. Although, I’m not completely sure I knew what I was getting into (more to come on this topic later).

Anyway, we were released from the hospital on June 1 and headed home to begin our very scary journey into parenthood.

No comments: