Tuesday, June 2, 2009

2 year Checkup

Cole went to see Dr. Fitch today for his 2 year well visit. He is still deathly afraid of the dr. She is fantastic with him, but he still is very, very apprehensive. We took his dr. kit along and that seemed to help a bit.

I was looking forward to having some updated stats, but Cole REFUSED to stand on the scale. Everything time I tried to put him on it, he'd put his legs out completely straight. Eventually he stood on it with one foot, so the nurse was able to record something.

He weighed 32.6 pounds (90%). I’m a bit skeptical about that since he was 32 lbs at 18 months (and of course because he was standing on one foot).

He was 36 inches tall…3 feet! (also 90%). That means he can get on lots of rides!

Cole got his hepatitis b booster shot. He did surprisingly well and only let out a little scream when the needle went in. He did not want a band-aid and keep yelling “take it off, no like band-aids”, so I did and then he was fine.

Dr. Fitch suggested that we start a vitamin (like Flintstones) and she said we can try some Children’s Benadryl for Cole’s sneezing and watery eyes. She also recommended the book “Hello Baby” for big brothers and she suggested the following sunscreens:

Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby

California Baby

Blue Lizard

We don’t have to go back until Cole is 3, but we will be going back for flu shots in October before Cole’s baby brother arrives. He got two sticker crafts and a lollipop, so he was thrilled when we left.

I know I’ve said this before, but I just LOVE Cole’s pediatrician. She is just the sweetest lady. She takes her time and sits down with you to chat and answer your questions. She is so good with Cole and always tries to make him feel comfortable. She is also a mom of small children around Cole’s age, so I feel like she can really relate. If you are looking for a pediatrician, I highly recommend Arundel Pediatrics!

*Brag about myself: While I was checking us in, Cole was climbing on the benches in the waiting area. (It’s like a three tiered play area) He started slipping and I was able to run from the check in desk and catch him before he fell. The receptionist kept going on and on about how impressed she was that I was able to do that. :)

No comments: