Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Using Utensils

While on vacation in Kansas, I saw a toddler who looked about Cole's age eating his waffle with a fork. So I came home and did some online research/asked my mom's message board and found out that many people introduce utensils at 12 months. Oh no...I totally dropped the ball! Cole will probably need me to rip his waffles into bite sized pieces so he can eat them with his hands for the rest of his life! ;) So I promptly went to the store and got some tiny utensils.

Cole has done pretty well with his spoon and fork. He usually takes a few bites from the spoon and then dips his fingers in his yogurt and licks it off. If I remind him he has the spoon, he will take another bite with it. He's getting there! Looks like he won't need me to go to the high school cafeteria with him and cut his food into bite sized pieces!

Eating mac n' cheese with his spoon


Forgetting the spoon and having a fist full of mac n' cheese

No comments: